• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear overhead light

Matthew K

NAXJA Forum User
I was changing the speakers in my stock sound bar and accidentally broke the two studs that stick out of the ceiling and hold the rear light assembly/middle of the sound bar to the ceiling with friction washers. Has anyone ever had this happen to them, and is there a good way to fix this?? Thanks!
Matt

Matthew K said:
I was changing the speakers in my stock sound bar and accidentally broke the two studs that stick out of the ceiling and hold the rear light assembly/middle of the sound bar to the ceiling with friction washers. Has anyone ever had this happen to them, and is there a good way to fix this?? Thanks!
Matt

Matt,

This isn't exactly the same, but I put a sound bar in my '92, and I epoxied a small block of wood to the underside of the roof and screwed the light assembly to it (where the pins used to come through). This was pretty easy because there wasn't anything up there. I don't know what the broken pins and associated stuff leave for a mounting suface.

Good luck,

TV

Im sure you noticed that they unscrew from that bracket, id just take one down to your local jeep dealer and see if they can get you one. I just tack welded I piece of steal to mine

Thanks guys. I actually noticed that those two studs screw into the ceiling. I unscrewed them and went to Home Depot to buy 2 #8 2-inch screws which worked great! Total cost:$0.87. Thanks for your input!
Matt

Back