• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's off road

i really like their stuff, and service. ive bought my lift, control arms, and flowmaster all from them. only complaint is slower shipping. but everything else has been good

search!! you will find lots of praise and lots of bashing!!

I love the dead mule thing. I have the rusty's 8-9" lift. But nothing on my xj like axles steering driveshafts etc are stock. The rusty's kit works well for me. I had to send a bent trac bar back, but guess what they sent me another one that was beefed up. Took a while to get it, but this is for my trail rig. Would a buy another one? NO, why? I would build the long arms, short arms, and center section myself. If I did not know how to fab, nor did I use it off road much Yes I would buy it. It is a very simple set up. However at the time the did not have the axle brackets I needed sense I was running fullwidths, I had to buy them from Rubicon Express. TnTcustoms makes a nice set up as well. If you use it offorad it will break at some point, some depends on the driver and some depends on the maker. Good Luck.

what are you looking to buy?

im happy with mine. over a year and no sag. and great flex (with the smallest leave out)

if you buy a kit. call. the shipping is screwy on the site i think because i always wind up getting charged less when i call than when i check it online.

also if you buy a kit. go straigh for the HD track bar with lowering mount. itll save you a headache, trust me

I think your going to get mised opinions on a variety of topics for Rusty's.
Personally I really like my lift, sites higher than stated, rides nice, flexes good and the price was best around.
Than I got his HD adj trac bar and frome mount... trac bar bolt broke, took 3 weeks for new one, old one fudged threads in bar... long story short I have to sleeve it so it would be strong enuf for what little trailing I do. The skid that goes under the front of the vehicle doesn't line up with my rig at all, the bolts don't line up, and if they did I would have to cut the skid to clear the sway bar mounts.

as stated you get what you pay for, but his springs and leafs are good, made out of house I would think is the reason for that.
also the prices for exhuast, and other add-ons is very good, so depending on what you are looking at spend the extra money for RE stuff that won't break (you can get good RE prices on here in the vendors section), or risk failure with Rusty's.

leafs and coils, have worked for me, avoid anything else they have or be prepared to have to spend a lot of money and time getting it to work right, like i said before all i would buy is leaf springs and coils none of their other stuff

shipping is a joke and clearly a scam (60$ shipping for gears!?!?)

I have used them once for exhaust and they where good. I haven't ordered from then since because I always find better quality parts for a cheaper price other places.

I will never buy from Rustys again, as Gil BullyKatz said:

Gil BullyKatz said:
You get what you pay for...

This is so true!

If you need something for a quick fix you can try to get from them but the shipping might take longer then if you went and got the good stuff . . .

A very happy Rusty's customer here. Excellent quality parts, excellent customer service. Shipping is expensive, but reasonable considering the weight of items and the distance between us.

safn1949 said:
I would like some input,good or bad on Rusty's before I buy anything from him,so help me out:guitar:

If you don't say what you're buying the feedback doesn't mean much. Also, some people have been around here a very long time, and so has Rusty, so you can get experinces from a long time ago that may or may not be indicative of what you could expect today.

I just bought from Rusty's, it was shipped within a couple of days and I got what I wanted.

Back