• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ AX5 into '98 XJ speedometer question

makemeknowit

NAXJA Forum User
The AX5 in the '98 I picked up from my friend gave up the ghost prior to my purchasing it. A couple of other mutual friends replaced the trans with one out of a YJ, year unknown (due to previous owners health not allowing him to do the swap himself). The speedo connection on the YJ trans doesn't match the XJ pigtail. My googling didn't produce a remedy. Can someone here point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Here you can see the pigtail and the sensor dont match
8d811bc01859a07665e5a07be763058e.jpg
e17874ce41cbd000db3fa9cd6f5ef1aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter now after messing with it yesterday. 99.9% sure the TeraLow is failing, likely the planetary unit that seems to be the weak link in all of them. Not being familiar with the Tera Low 4:1 prior to this rig I hadn't researched them first, costly mistake on my part. I'll pull it and tear in to it but I'm pretty certain. Too bad because that was one of the reasons I went ahead and bought this rig. 2500+ for an Atlas doesn't make sense. More than likely just put a stock 231 in it and then it may go up for sale.

Back