• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Side output exhaust??

if you're not street legal, dump it out the front fender or the hood

i'd be concerned about passing inspection with that setup

Just run it out back. Fuel heating is bad. Heating rubber (tires, brake lines if disk, etc) is bad. Cut it a little short if need be, or run it out the side behind the tire like a pickup, but stuff like this is just shortcuts for almost no time saving, cost saving, or performance improvement.

I've ran a turn down right after the muffler. it did resonate even with a nice big magnaflow and ended up running it out the back again.

i had one smog tech complain that it was hard to stick the sniffer in and the hose was too close to the tires when putting it on the dyno.

I appreciate all the responses. I had to reroute the exhaust to clear a new gas tank skid. Ended up taking it to a shop today and had them reroute it as needed and run it out the back, as it has always been. They did a really nice job.

Back