• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ quick audio-system question

brtb

NAXJA Forum User
FSM was vague at best on this... is there either a line-level sound output (to run to a separate amplifier) or a line input on the standard 4-speaker amfm/cass radio in a 2000 XJ Sport?

Yep, just bought one (picking it up from the dealer on Monday), and trying to figure out in advance how to rig up all my existing electronic stuff from my '88.

You have to add a line out put to give you RCA outputs to run an amplifier on factory radio. If its for a sub you just splice into the rear outputs left and right and if its for speakers you cut the factory wire and put the line out converter to the cut wire that goes to the radio and run the rca cables to the amplifier, then you run the amplifier speaker wires to the wire you cut that goes to the speakers thats facory (or for bigger wire just run all new to all speakers which is a pain to do.) Done.

Maybe I should explain what this is for... I have several extra devices (cell phone car kit, computer+gpsnav+mp3player+etc box, CB radio) that I'd like to pump the audio out over the main audio system.

The way I'm doing it now: I have a Sony in-dash radio/CD-player tied to a separate amplifier that takes line-level inputs, so I'm just running everything through a hidden switchbox under the dashboard and switching when appropriate. The new system, judging from the diagrams and knowing how Chrysler usually does things, just drives the speakers directly off the radio, so no place to splice in extra inputs before they get sent to the speakers.

My questions before were from my original plans to just take the amp from the '88 and splice it into the new one somehow.... maybe I should use one of those FM transmitters or a tape-adapter instead?

Back