• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My heat doesnt work and doesnt make sense

Doose-doe

NAXJA Forum User
Ok soo Last year my heat stopped working. got it flushed... nothing, so they flushed it again and still nothing. So today I went and bought a heater core. tore my dash apart and before I actually pulled it I took the garden hose to it and it blew out on low pressure with no problems. then i checked all the lines, clean and clear low pressure. blows threw the water pump and radiater. I flushed the whole system myself and still no heat. What gives????
Anyone have any suggestions? I dont feel like freezing this year
Thanks
Kevin

Ok soooo it blows air. if I stick my hand in the airbox if you will I can feel the heat off of the heater core. but all the air is blowing cold sooo Idk iwhat that means... all the actuaters are functioning fine is the air just not properly being directed and blowing past the heater core instead of picking up the heat?

1. BASICS--like the year?

2. Thermostat stuck open?

3. Coolant control valve not operating?

My vote is door #3........ Coolant control valve not operating

Check and make sure that there is actually coolant passing through both heater hoses.. i.e.-the thermostat housing and or water pump outlet that go to the heater hoses isn't blocked with a bunch of crap(mineralization, rust,, old rtv pieces, etc)

Brand new thermostat... I guess it could be bad out of the box? And sorry 97 xj 4.0 I6 5sp.
Like stated above i flushed everything, also a new water pump. but i flushed everything both ways, heater core, lines, water pump and radiator. Like I said the heater core IS producing heat. but its like the blower motor just blows past he heat and blows plain air

Ok. I think the 97+ they eliminated the coolant control valve and control heat with a blend door arrangement.

The 97+ is subject to the doors breaking.

Info here: http://www.heatertreater.net/jeep Cherokee 97-04.html

Might not be your problem, but a good read.

thanks, I just read something similar on cherokee forum. the part cost the guy like $40 but chrysler charge him 700 in labor... thank god i do my own repairs

Back