• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: '99XJ drivers seat replacement ... live in Staten Island NY

MikeESoc2

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace the broken OE manual grey cloth driver's seat in this '99XJ... it was recommended I look for a replacement seat here... I've also been searching car-part.com the last couple of days.

It's made clear to me (naxja.org) that ZJ front seats are also bolt-in replacements ... and if power ZJ seats then a 2-wire fused line gives me lumbar + recline (with the '99XJ manual slider for back-n-forth).

But if a ZJ front seat is the replacement (cloth or leather - power or manual) then I need to buy both drivers and passengers (to match)... which is more expensive $ than just a manual XJ cloth drivers seat ... altho I'm told the ZJ front seats are stronger (and I know they're more comfortable) than XJ front seats.

I live in Staten Island NY ... would like to be able to drive 1-way not much more than 2 hours sometime this weekend to whoever has some nice seat(s) available... whatever.

Thanks.

I've got a pair of grey XJ seats from a '97 (same as '99)in great shape if you are interested. I even have all the belts and the rear seat if you need those too.
The driver's side is power and I can include the wiring if you need it.
Only issue is that you are about 4 hours from me. PM me if you are interested.

(Please don't mind the light tan spots on the seats, that was dust that has been collecting and has since been cleaned.)
StockCherokeeSeats1.jpg

StockCherokeeSeats2.jpg

Thanks for the offer,
but I got lucky and found a pair of hardly-used (believe it or not) manual solid-grey color cloth front seats from a '94 ZJ in a salvage yard in New Jersey on the way to work on Friday morning.

I say "got lucky" for 3 reasons: it's amazing that these '94 ZJ front seats have hardly any wear on them (my 1st double-guess is that the prior owner was small frame ... unlike myself... and the prior owner may have garaged the vehicle ... but don't know that ZJ's mileage); and the vehicle while in the salvage yard had it's windows up (possibly the most important factor is that the seats weren't getting rained on in the salvage yard); and they were $75 each (really nice from what I have seen in a # of salvage yards).

The ZJ manual drivers seat slid right onto the '99 XJ drivers manual slider studs and tightened-down easily... I'm waiting for my son to clear-out his junk from the rest of the '99 XJ interior before replacing the passenger front with the ZJ passenger front (to match both front seats).

Back