• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Went to Ireland

asp

NAXJA Forum User
The marching band (and our sister band) that I was a member of in college was invited by the Irish government to perform in the New Years parade in Dublin. Alumn were invited and my girlfriend is a senior this year, so I decided to go. We departed Boston in the evening on 12/26 and returned on the evening of 1/4. We spent 12/27 to 12/31 in Galway then went to Dublin for the rest. It was an awesome time and I'd recommend a trip there to anybody. The weather could have been better, but the Guinness was still great and the accents even better. I took over 2k pictures with my Nikon D60 while we were there, and about 225 were "good enough" to bother hosting. I put them on my facebook and set the albums to public so that all should be able to see them, rather than posting 225 pictures on here. If you can't see them, let me know and I'll figure something else out. Also, if anyone wants any Hi-Res, let me know and I can send them to you. Enjoy.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2380681&id=9120626

http://www.facebook.com/#/album.php?aid=2380693&id=9120626

edit: crap... doesn't look like the links work if you're not logged into facebook :doh: i'll fix this tonight. sorry for the anti climax.

Last edited:
Cool pics. Ireland is definately on the list of places to visit.

Cool pics. Ireland is definately on the list of places to visit.

thanks. i would recommend it to anyone that can spare the time and money. but you do need to take about a week. any less and you're short changing themselves

i don't see the problem with that...?

as good as the pubs were, i honestly found the food to be lacking... maybe that was on account of the 500 person tour group i was with.

i brought back a bottle of mead too. i've never had it before. it's quite tasty.

thanks. i would recommend it to anyone that can spare the time and money. but you do need to take about a week. any less and you're short changing themselves

I totally agree, we went for two weeks, and really only learned where we want to go back to next time! Great pics!:yelclap:

Cool pics man, Ireland is definitely a cool place. I would like to visit one day!

thanks dude. :thumbup:

Back