• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know kayaks?

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
I have a set of tires off my JK for sale, asking $650 OBO, trade for a kayak. I got an offer yesterday of an old town predator k111 with paddle. Anyone have experience with one of these, or know if it's any good? Not many reviews on it that I could find.

Assuming it comes with everything it was sold with (anchor, deck, rod holders) Im tempted. Looking at mostly cruising around lakes/ponds and slow rivers exploring and fly fishing.

Link to the manufacturer site:
http://www.oldtowncanoe.com/kayaks/huntingFishing/predator_k111.html

Im going to try to get to the closest dealer after work this week to see if can see one in person and find out how much they are going for.

It looks like a good boat, I only wish it had waterproof storage bulkhead things but instead it has all kinds of internal storage, which may be better in a way. Waterproof bags are cheap enough.

I have no experience with these at all however, just want something I can throw on my jeep and ride the back roads pulling over where the fishing might be good.

Looking at mostly cruising around lakes/ponds and slow rivers exploring and fly fishing. Thats why I think Im interested in a fishing kayak like this one, although im open to any suggestions.

I would not do that trade unless you also received some cash. That is an $800 kayak brand new....typically used kayaks are going to only bring in about half of what they do new unless it's the current year model and practically unused. And if that's purchased during a sale, you're looking at probably low-$700s. Plus, if you have a Dicks Sports near you, you can pick up their store brand equivalent for much cheaper and it will practically be the same thing. It may have less "luxuries" pre-equipped but you can add those yourself.

You should be able to get the kayak you need for $300-400 especially if you buy used.

The tires I had for sale went up on tirerack for $87 a tire:scared: Never seen any 17" name brand tires so cheap. So the best offers I could get on them were $400-$450. So I took the kayak and $50, I figure kayak and paddle and $50 averaged out to $450-$500.

Seems good so far just need to fab a rack to get it on my JK as the XJ needs a ton of front end work right now.

Back