• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TomTom one-XL-S?

Ah, I see now, when I went on their website before, it brought me only to a special offers page.

I have the TomTom one. My brother and I got them as gifts for Christmas. They are alright, but TomTom wouldn't have been my first choice if I was buying one.

Some of the screens are kind of annoying, as in you have to go a million different places just to say "stop navigating." The voices are somewhat annoying after a while, because basically every one has an accent. They advertise you can get Burt Reynolds and a few others, but its $10 for a single voice.

Both my brother and I have absolutely no battery life. As in if we leave it plugged in for hours, we unplug it, then go to turn it on next time we use it, it has to be plugged in or else it won't turn on. This has happened since the first time we used them.

The XL-S is a good unit. It will actually announce the names of the streets out loud that you are turning onto (feature called text to speech). The regular XL will not. The 4.3 inch screen is nice. I still use my original One from when they first came out about 5 years ago and it still works like a champ. The only other brand I would look at would be some of the Garmins but they usually tend to run more expensive.

Do you plan to use your GPS for off-highway navigation?

How well does the TomTom do in the arena?

Not sure if the Tomtom has it, but the nicest thing about my Garmin 276C is over creating maps by overlaying topography on navigation maps. I have multiple mapsets that I can load.
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=233#
jeep007-1.jpg

jeep008-2.jpg

pasdeqici.gif

Back