• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RocktoberFest '19 - Oct. 25-27

MrSimon

NAXJA Forum User
It's official!

RocktoberFest is back! October 25-27.

Camping at Twin Grove.

Wheeling likely at AOAA, so some new scenery and trails!

Mark your calendars and stay tuned for more details.

UPDATE

There is no registration or cost to wheel with us apart from the AOAA park fees, which are described at http://www.aoaatrails.com/plan-your-visit/aoaa-pass-prices. Look for the NAXJA banner in the parking lot area and join up with us.

We will also be hosting a dinner on Saturday night at 6:30 PM at the Clam Bake Pavilion at Twin Grove Campground with German-style food. Dinner tickets have been activated through Eventbrite, and can be purchased through the Facebook event page or at Eventbrite's site https://www.eventbrite.com/e/naxja-nac-rocktoberfest-tickets-73762548769. The ticket covers one meal. Current NAXJA members can claim one free dinner ticket per active membership (please provide your current membership number). Dinner tickets for non-members and guests are available for $15 per.

Current NAXJA members will receive a NAXJA hoodie. Additional hoodies will be available for $30 each.

In case you were wondering, the cost of joining NAXJA is $35 per year. See https://www.naxja.org/forum/announcement.php?f=44&a=47 for instructions on joining. Once you have received a membership number you may claim your member ticket.

Please claim dinner tickets if you plan on coming so that we can prepare for the correct number.

Last edited by a moderator:
hum Aoaa :) we get back from Maine the week before. me talk to the wife. 60$ for 2 days is way better then r.c. and well finally get to camp and use that tent. pebbles and bambam here we come

hum Aoaa :) we get back from Maine the week before. me talk to the wife. 60$ for 2 days is way better then r.c. and well finally get to camp and use that tent. pebbles and bambam here we come

Hehe...I'll watch.. I may be without jeep for this one.

Going to roll my orange & black JK around, just in time for Halloween. Costume Saturday anyone? lol

How far from aaoa is twin Grove?

Edit- just looked it up 45min. What's trailer parking like at aoaa?
I really wanted to try the 2a again but 45 min regular drive would be over an hour In it.

Last edited:
Only been to AOAA once, but the lot seemed good-sized. Should be enough room for trailers, though I imagine you could give them a call/email and ask them directly (plus, you can inquire about whether they'd have a problem with the 2a (though you might want to bring the roll bar along just in case...)

How far from aaoa is twin Grove?

Edit- just looked it up 45min. What's trailer parking like at aoaa?
I really wanted to try the 2a again but 45 min regular drive would be over an hour In it.

the parking is large and very organized ( they have staff directing you ), they have you in rows not all willy nilly like at r/c. the lot is gravel, and very smooth, any Honda could drive though there with no issues. as for your 2a we'll have to have a naxja flat fender ride my 3b is a few months from being semi done. lol i'll save the body work for next year

Hehe...I'll watch.. I may be without jeep for this one.

the west side, across the road from the welcome center, has a ridge, and most of that is blue/black.

it also have a ton of greens, you can drive out 45 mins to an hour be fore you hit the end of the property. the west side does close at 3 or 4pm, the east side is better out by 5pm

There are a couple of mixed blue-black trail networks on the western side. Right through the gate is a trail called Polaris, and another one right next to it that was just cut in last year. Little further out is Fern Ridge, a long blue with a bunch of small black spurs off the sides. There are a couple of unmarked blues further out and some good sight seeing on that side. The eastern side has more aggressive trails. The blues at AOAA are like RC's blacks; there are a couple of blacks at AOAA that are harder than most of the reds at RC. The park is 85% greens since that is what the ATVs and SxSs ride on, but there is plenty to keep people busy.

Parking is easy. There is primitive camping on-site, not part of the park (extra $$) but it has an entrance into the property. There's another campground nearby called Earth Day that is supposed to be alright (never been there). Motels in the immediate area are sketchy. Pine Grove is a 30min drive but it has the most amenities. There are good hotels in Danville off I-80 to the north, about the same distance from the park but opposite direction from Pine Grove. A couple more in Frackville on I-81 to the East, just a different direction. There are a couple of B&Bs in the immediate vicinity, but I have no first-hand knowledge of them. There are a few restaurants near the park, only real issue with the area is the lack of a good hotel.

Couple of pics on my hosted site, I have a bunch more just hard to post here

2017_11_11_AOAA_01.sized.jpg

Fern_Ridge_Jon.sized.jpg

There are a couple of mixed blue-black trail networks on the western side. Right through the gate is a trail called Polaris, and another one right next to it that was just cut in last year. Little further out is Fern Ridge, a long blue with a bunch of small black spurs off the sides. There are a couple of unmarked blues further out and some good sight seeing on that side. The eastern side has more aggressive trails. The blues at AOAA are like RC's blacks; there are a couple of blacks at AOAA that are harder than most of the reds at RC. The park is 85% greens since that is what the ATVs and SxSs ride on, but there is plenty to keep people busy.

Parking is easy. There is primitive camping on-site, not part of the park (extra $$) but it has an entrance into the property. There's another campground nearby called Earth Day that is supposed to be alright (never been there). Motels in the immediate area are sketchy. Pine Grove is a 30min drive but it has the most amenities. There are good hotels in Danville off I-80 to the north, about the same distance from the park but opposite direction from Pine Grove. A couple more in Frackville on I-81 to the East, just a different direction. There are a couple of B&Bs in the immediate vicinity, but I have no first-hand knowledge of them. There are a few restaurants near the park, only real issue with the area is the lack of a good hotel.

the trail head camp ground is now open rite next to the park, you can't park your rig with you with if you tent camp :( and they some times have 2 or 3 nite min stays :(. no showers as of yet just porta pottys. never been to earth day camp grounds, the only other local place to stay for us has been a b & b, fyi don't make your reservation the same day as your trip, most places will say that they are booked even though they aren't. Danville is 40 mins a way but they have chain hotels. meals aren't a problem near by parking with a trailer can be :( hope that helps

It's looking pretty unlikely that I'll make this one. Got tickets to see the misfits original lineup at madison square and not missing that opportunity. But it is a week or two before so We'll see.

the trail head camp ground is now open rite next to the park, you can't park your rig with you with if you tent camp :( and they some times have 2 or 3 nite min stays :(. no showers as of yet just porta pottys. never been to earth day camp grounds, the only other local place to stay for us has been a b & b, fyi don't make your reservation the same day as your trip, most places will say that they are booked even though they aren't. Danville is 40 mins a way but they have chain hotels. meals aren't a problem near by parking with a trailer can be :( hope that helps

It most certainly does, thank you!

Back