• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking about moving up North

kemosabee

NAXJA Forum User
And no its not in Colorado. I've been contemplating on moving up to Alaska the past few months, the 2 places I've always wanted to live are CO and AK. I've been in CO for about 2 years now and love CO but I'm not sure if it's going to be my stopping point. I'm also going through a divorce and would like to get away from things that remind me of the X. Does anyone have any experience on living up in AK? Are there good companies to work for in the IT field? Whats the cost of living like? I've seen awesome wheeling pictures from AK, so I would imagine wheeling is great up there, am I correct? I've been looking at Anchorage for now, then maybe make my way to the outskirts. I am a tech geek, programmer, support, graphic & web design, etc. and figure it would be a better place for a job. I know I'll definitely miss out on what CO has to offer but who knows, I would probably come back. So just trying to see what everyone's opinions are on AK, if you have some pros and/or cons would be great.

Thanks
James

Last edited:
kemosabee said:
I'm also going through a divorce and would like to get away from things that remind me of the X.

Women? LOL:roflmao:

===

Seems to me that you might get more responses about AK in the Northwest Chapter or the Non-Tech / Off Topic forum.

===

Oh by the way Kemosabee, me no can pass up opportunity for Lone Ranger Joke:

The Lone Ranger is riding into town when he finds Tonto lying across
the middle of the road with his head pressed closely against the
ground. He reigns in Silver and leans down to ask Tonto what the
matter is.

"Stagecoach passed half-hour ago," says Tonto.

"How can you tell?" asks the Lone Ranger.

"Broke my neck."

Alaska has women, I married one of them, if you want info about alaska, everything from jobs, to wheeling, go to alaska4x4network.com.
Lots of great guys and definately my favorite site on the web. I've been living here for the past three years and will be leaving this summer, I've had a blast but the air force says it's time for me to go now.

Cool thanks Mstrkage.

Rticul8 - yeah it's kind of like that in a way, but not fully. Just need a long vacation, so why not AK? I'll poke around those forums you suggested.

Back