NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old March 11th, 2004, 15:23
NAXJA Member # 13

Rear Shoulder belt Retrofit---89 4dr XJ

As much as I would like to swap my lift and axles over to a 99 XJ body......it's not in the cards right now, so I need to get some rear shoulder belts in place for my kids. I tried my Jeep parts contact, there is a TSB # on a rear shoulderbelt retrofit, but he's yet to come up with anything.

I'm wondering if anyone has pulled the hardware from newer XJ and performed the retro fit themselves.....if so, please share. I'm sure it involves chopping them out of a donor rig and welding in gussets and a trim swapout...........
TIA
Old March 11th, 2004, 15:48
Lifetime NAXJA Member

Re: Rear Shoulder belt Retrofit---89 4dr XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJEEPER
As much as I would like to swap my lift and axles over to a 99 XJ body......it's not in the cards right now, so I need to get some rear shoulder belts in place for my kids. I tried my Jeep parts contact, there is a TSB # on a rear shoulderbelt retrofit, but he's yet to come up with anything.

I'm wondering if anyone has pulled the hardware from newer XJ and performed the retro fit themselves.....if so, please share. I'm sure it involves chopping them out of a donor rig and welding in gussets and a trim swapout...........
TIA
This was just discussed about a week or two ago. Hate to say "Do a search," but the only way to do otherwise is for me to do it for you. Thus:

"Do a search"

Owner/Driver/Enabler of "The Fleet"
Self-appointed President-for-Life of the World MJ Preservation Society
Old March 11th, 2004, 16:56
NAXJA Member # 683

I hate to usurp a "do a search" comment, but long ago I thought about doing that to my 89 XJ and came up with p/n 4636414-rear shoulder belt retrofit kit. I don't know if that's still valid or not but maybe it will help. Other than that, uhhhh...do a search.
Old March 12th, 2004, 05:05
Member Number 257

I thought about this and have not researched it yet but I plan on having a hoop built like rustys sells and have a shoulder bar for a 5 point harness on it. A little more expensive but worth the extra protection IMHO. And it will not be just a bar there will be at least something to the rear until I figure out how I want the front done.
Old March 12th, 2004, 06:49
NAXJA Member # 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle
This was just discussed about a week or two ago. Hate to say "Do a search," but the only way to do otherwise is for me to do it for you. Thus:

"Do a search"
Ya ya ya.......found it using different verbage........and I had no idea that the rear belts weighed 10lbs....thanks Jes!