• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need prop. valve help.

bgcntry72

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 87 D44 that I am regearing, locking, and installing this week and the soft line broke off flush with the axle mounted proportioning valve and its toast.
Napa told me I can only get one at a stealership, and they won't have it until Thrus.
I have gear help Tues only.
Is there anywhere else I can find a prop. valve to fit this axle?
Is it a common part #.
The axle has the stock 10" drums, nothing fancy.
Any help or direction appreciated.
:thumbup:

I am looking for the correct item, right?
It is the block on the axle that serves as a 'T' from the rubber lines to the hard lines on the axles.
Brakes are not really my thing, so I am out of my element here, Donny.
Is there anywhere else that I can buy this part sooner, or is there another one that will work?
:smoker:

Help me to understand.
My rear brake line is from a YJ.
The rubber line goes into a block of metal screwed into the axle, and the hard lines screw into either side of it.
You can see it in this picture, just to the left of the shock on the right:
ebrake_installed.jpg

There is a rubber insert in it, so I figured it was some sort of valve or equalizer.
On my 8.25, the breather tube comes out of the same block, but on the 44, the vent is seperate, and located further inboard on the axle.
Thanks again.
:star:

The rubber line is not the issue, it is the chunk of metal that screws into the axle between the flex line and the axle hard lines.
I installed the YJ line on my 8.25, and this junction was already on the axle.
The one from the 44 is not the same.
:mad:

you are going to have to show this picture to a dealer, and he will have to look up all the possibilities for the rear axle options available, and match up what you need.

Pic is from an article of 4x4wire.
Have a nice day, being passed around Cellblock C for for a pack of Lucky Strikes and a Snickers Bar.
:kissyou:

bgcntry72 said:
Pic is from an article of 4x4wire.
Have a nice day, being passed around Cellblock C for for a pack of Lucky Strikes and a Snickers Bar.
:kissyou:
:doh:

:eek: I shoulda known better.

Last edited:
Rev Den said:
It is just a "T".
bp.bmp

Nothing more, nothing less. Autozone, NAPA, Etc. Should be in-stock. It is not a prop valve.

Rev

Thanks a load Rev.
I got my terms screwed up.
I saw the rubber gasket in it and thought it affected flow somehow.
Drum brakes are not my thing.
I thought it was standard, but like I said, my 8.25 breaths through the top of the 'T', and the 44 breathes seperately from a tube further inboard.
Thanks.

Back