• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prop valve?

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 8.8 with disk brakes in my 89 renix. I recently put in a wj brake booster. The write up i followed shows to pull the pin out of the stock proportioning valve and remove the rubber o-ring from it. This was supposed to accomodate the rear disk brakes. Well my rear brakes really lock up fast now. What is the best way to fix this? Where can i get another one of those tapered o rings that come of of the stock prop valve? I have searched and have not had much luck. Thanks in advance.

Get a ZJ disc/disc prop valve and transfer the entire guts over. Pin, spring, cap, o-ring, etc. That trick of removing the o-ring is garbage. What it is actually doing is combining the front and rear system in to one. I tried it, made the Jeep stop like crap and gave horrible pedal feel.

You just need to get the spring from a ZJ with disk brakes, everything else is stock. If you still have the plunger, put it back in with the ZJ spring, if not, get the plunger from the ZJ also.

Get a ZJ disc/disc prop valve and transfer the entire guts over. Pin, spring, cap, o-ring, etc. That trick of removing the o-ring is garbage. What it is actually doing is combining the front and rear system in to one. I tried it, made the Jeep stop like crap and gave horrible pedal feel.

This^^ works great.

Back