• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

P0340

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
Welp, about 60mph at 6am and the jeep starts poping loud and shuts down, coasts to a stop, CEL in brilliant yellow.

Tried cranking a few times and finally got it sputtering again while holding the pedal to the floor, eventually she comes back from the dead kinda and I limp home 2mph tgen 15 to 5 to all over, lurching.

Ive got this handy P.O.S. model obdii scanner, its better than snap on because its got this cool feature that says how many codes are present. You choose read codes and it tells you no codes in dtc, so if you go into live data you can usually see the code. I retrieved p0340, i have a history with this sunofa.

At home I get it started again and now I have a place to look. As its "running" i hear a sweet sizzle, or box of marbles sound from the distributor. Wtf i says, and snatch the cap from the distributor. Nothing, hmmm, pull yhe rotor, its dandy. Pull the cmps maybe the magnets toast, nope. Start poking at the tone ring, all the pins holding it in broke off LOL.

put my old mopar distributor in and indexed accordling, back on the road to work in 90 minutes.

If only mopar made distributors still.

The symptoms of the vehicle dying were much like a ckps dying, but I never would have guessed this possible, the tone ring is free to flop around, oh and boy did it ever.

Anyhow this is what was found:
10b7dcef8a5c923cdd6de2758c886f7b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back