• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prices of 8" lift coils?

XJguy

NAXJA Forum User
Been shopping around for some 8" lift coil sorings. A company that I have dealt with before (made Warrior's lowering springs)can make me custom wound to my specifications, coil springs for 8" of lift for $168. Good price? Seen better?

XJguy

i got mine from Alcan in CO, mine were $180 per side but i feel it was totally worth it, best springs i've ever owned.

XJG,

Not a flame, i repeat...NOT a flame......

but don't you think it would be a real good idea for you to get your feet wet before you build such a big rig?

I figure a little knowledge gained out in the backcountry trails on how certain products behave will better inform you on buying/installing decisions....

blasting right out of the gate with an 8" lift kinda doesn't seem safe to me.....

I here ya, but I'll just have to take extra percautions. I really do not plan on using my vehicle to its max potential after its complete..in otehr words dont look for me to be following you on any trails any time soon. Ill take it easy. I just had to take care of this, my XJ is as much a marketing tool as it is a source of pride and joy. Its a roilling billboard for my wares. After having 5.5" of lift for a year, the XJ was looking small, especially when parked next to my neighbors Durango and after adding the BW flares.

By the way, do 8" buckle too much? Is it better to go with 6.5" and spacers?

XJguy

LOL...well Im working on it. Member of ORPA (off road poseurs annonymous) I aint gonna be posin for much longer though. I'm just not gonna tackle the hardest trails till I get some experience...last thing I want to do is prove to everyone how good my cages are on my first run!

Actually I am a card carrying poseur thank you, here I am in one of my many poses
0380816113.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

XJguy

I have always been a great proponent of a lower center of gravity and an optimized suspension rather than just lifting for lifts sake and shoving huge tires. But this time around things did not match up as intended. I started with 3" lift (and had no intentions if ever going up), that proved too low for the 33" tires so in went the 5.5". Then with the 33" tires and 3.25" back spacing of my wheels I needed to either lose the flares and or do some hacking. Since aesthetics are just as important to me as functionality, Bush Wacker flares were the solution (which as many know do not allow for more stuffage). But then the 33"x10.5" tires looked miniscule, hence my step up to 35" tires, which now even with the BW flares are way too close to rubbing. For street driving it would not be a problem at all, but if I want to get rid of my "poseur" status then either I have to hack away at my BW flares (which I do not want to do) or add more lift. The way I see it, 8" will be just about perfect to have no rubbing, good looks and high performance . My 5.5" lift is comprised of home brew leaf packs with an extended shackle, Terraflex 3" coils with poly spacers and double isolaters..so adding to it would not be a good idea.

XJguy

Pictures

Well they say pictures are worth a thousand words so here is 3Gs worth. Disregard the proximity of the front wheel to the rear of the wheel well, that will be addressed with the new CAs I'm fabbing.

xnowyte%2035s.jpg

rear%20wheel.jpg

front%20wheel.jpg

XJguy

Back