• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Automatic trans not shifting

Roxtar

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday at the Badlands my transmission ('99 AW4) quit shifting while in drive. I didn't notice it for a while due to staying in 4lo and 1/2 gear all day.
If I put it in drive it just stays in overdrive. Manually shifting through the gears works fine so the gears are there, it just won't shift through them by itself. The check engine light lit up and AutoZone showed a code P1698. This number doesn't show up in their computer, though.
Ideas?

This happen to me and the problem and was the tps sensor, fail because i washed the engine, but whit the only difference mine is a 90 limited unles we have the same tps desing

Did a google search, here are the results from two different sites. Both point to the TCM. Might try checking the cabling first.

1698 No messages received from the electronic transmission control module or the Aisin transmission controller.

P1698 No Bus Message From TCM (Chrysler, Jeep)

Good luck.

Back