• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Twin pot calipers - what's out there?

Chancer

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I've done the search and not really been terribly successful, so here goes...

Does anyone know if there's a dual piston caliper available that's a direct bolt-on for an XJ steering knuckle? I'm looking for a way of increasing my braking power most cost-effectively, and am weighing up the pros and cons of doing a rear disk conversion over getting some twin pots for the front. Obviously my first step will be to convert to a dual diaphragm booster first, since I don't have one, but what would be best for stopping safely and quickly?

I've got a 93 4.0l HO with D30/ 8.25 and stock sized tyres etc, it's my DD and I don't really go offroad, yet... I've emailed Wilwood to see what they've got, but it would be good to know what's out there.

Thanks in advance.

not sure if you will find a "bolt on" solution. I think you would have to go with a custom mount of some type. Or, scrap the D30 for a D44, slap D60 outers on it, and get some Ford Superduty Dual Piston Calipers...

Grand Cherokee (WJ) conversion.

You can convert the steering or not but you have to bolt on the WJ knuckle then you can use the twin piston calipers and bigger disks.

You end up with WJ knuckles, Calipers, Caliper Brackets, and redrilled WJ rotors to 5 on 4.5" rather than the WJ pattern 5 on 5"

There is a Jeep part number that is the caliper mounting bracket, bolts, all clips, calipers and is pre loaded with pads for right at $140.00. You can get the knuckles for about 75.00 a side from the junk yard.

Back