• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep liberty crd?

85xjproject

NAXJA Forum User
hey all saw this today on the highway, it was a cool looking liberty and instead of it having the 3.7l tag on the back it had a crd emblem instead. it had quebec plates(were i live) any one now about this?is it some sortta top secret thing? any help would be nice thanks

The Liberty was the first Jeep to use two new PowerTech engines, the 150 hp 2.4 L I4, dropped in 2006, and the 210 hp 3.7 L V6. A VM Motori 2.8 L I4 common rail turbodiesel became available in CRD branded 2005-2006 Sport and Limited models. The diesel utilized a variable geometry turbocharger and generated 160 horsepower (120 kW) and 295 pound-feet of torque. The overbuilt nature of the diesel powerplant added nearly 200 pounds to the CRD's curb weight versus the gasoline model. DaimlerChrysler introduced the CRD to gauge the marketability of diesel engines in North America; diesels are already quite common in Europe. Jeep exceeded their expectations by selling 10,000 Liberty CRD models in the first calendar year of sales.

That whole engine and controller will soon be available for retro fitting TJ's back to 97 with the CRD. It as mentioned in a dieselpower web site last month. Supposedly it was to be announced at EJS.. I know one guy who retro fitted a 4BT into a YJ, he just finished it, had pics and note on the wrangler forum. I was interested because I found a really cherry 89YJ with a blown engine and an AX15 in it for $800 that I"m looking at.

cool. thanks for the info guys!

Back