• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

An XJ build thread!

Was thinking same thing (soft shackle).

I'm liking the whole set up. Mine is in early stages of build. I am also going with 4.5" lift and 33's but I'm looking at long arm kit to keep angles right for on/off road comfort. Love the over all progress so far on yours. Keep sharing photo's

I'm liking the whole set up. Mine is in early stages of build. I am also going with 4.5" lift and 33's but I'm looking at long arm kit to keep angles right for on/off road comfort. Love the over all progress so far on yours. Keep sharing photo's

4.5" and 33s are great man. I still have a decent driving experience on roads and freeways, but very capable off road as well with a locker and fender trimming. Although if you have the money to spend, I would just go long arm from the gate.

I got all that tube and some soft shackles so I think I should be set. Thoughts?

Dedicated tow points aren’t going to shift like a soft shackle under load on that bumper. The dedicated recovery point is a safer option because a load shift doesn’t all of a sudden move your recovery point.

Dedicated tow points aren’t going to shift like a soft shackle under load on that bumper. The dedicated recovery point is a safer option because a load shift doesn’t all of a sudden move your recovery point.

With that bumper and 33s you’ll find a point to have the soft shackle grab a corner and pull from so you’ll probably not need a recovery point if it’s all welded good and DOM tube.

Heads up on the Napier vents. Yours appear to be exactly where mine are and 2 trips through an automatic car wash a couple years apart and both wet the TPS and threw the code. Your results may vary.

Nice XJ. Guess I'd better go back and read from the git-go. Mine is 3.5" on 33s but soon to be 4.5" on 33s.

4.5" and 33s are great man. I still have a decent driving experience on roads and freeways, but very capable off road as well with a locker and fender trimming. Although if you have the money to spend, I would just go long arm from the gate.
Almost perfect combo. Of course I can't leave well enough alone...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Heads up on the Napier vents. Yours appear to be exactly where mine are and 2 trips through an automatic car wash a couple years apart and both wet the TPS and threw the code. Your results may vary.

Cant remember the last time I took my own car through an auto wash. Appreciate the info though man! I plan on popping them off and running rtv around the edge to seal them better.

With that bumper and 33s you’ll find a point to have the soft shackle grab a corner and pull from so you’ll probably not need a recovery point if it’s all welded good and DOM tube.

Yes all DOM and high quality welds. There is plenty of spots where excessive slop should not be too much of an issue.

Bumper got some powder coat. As well as a smitty gen 3 9.5k mounted.

Install was very straightforward. I like the spool lighting and load indicator system. Gonna test it out this weekend.

Thanks man! The trans gauge is super nice to have. But pushing 33s with 3.55 gears right now , mine is definitely warmer than it should be.

I paid 20 for the cooler. Should do the job though. Made in Canada.

I got the fabric off http://fabric.com. Not many patterns that are wide enough for headliners but this one i got is great.

I placed several orders within a few days- I got various discounted deals from Fabric.com Promo Codes-because I kept coming up with "ideas" lol. Every order was shipped and received in a timely manner. Just what I ordered and in great condition. I will continue to use fabric.com

Back