• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Directions to JV

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Here's some directions to help any who need them. From the south, go north on I 15 towards Victorville and get off on Bear Valley Rd just as you're coming into Victorville. Go right, or east, on Bear Valley Rd and in about 12 miles you'll intersect with Hwy 18. Stay right on 18 until you come into Lucerne Valley, then as the road bends to the right to go to Big Bear stay straight and you will immediately come to a stop sign. Go straight through the stop sign onto Hwy 247, Old Woman Springs Rd, towards Yucca Valley. Go about 22 miles and make a left onto Boone Rd. Boone Rd is easy to miss, especially at night, so here are a few clues. The sign for Boone Rd is on the right side of the road, directly across from the road, so by the time you see the sign you can be past it (there are lots of skid marks at the turn). Boone Rd is at the end of a long straight stretch of road, and if you miss it you will make a sweeping right and then go into some sweeping left and right hand turns.......go back. :)

Once you turn left onto Boone Rd, which is dirt, go about 3 or 4 miles until you come to a left hand turn at an intersection, it's obvious because nearly all of the tracks turn to the left. Go another 150 yards or so and we'll be camping in an open area on the left side of the road right before the road drops into a large gulley. If you drop into the gulley you just missed the camp.

Coming from San Diego, if you take the route through Yucca Valley, go east on I 10 and then take Hwy 62 north to Yucca Valley. In the middle of town make a left turn onto Hwy 247, Old Woman Springs Rd. Go 20 miles to Boone Rd, and reverse the directions above to find Boone Rd.

We'll leave camp for the Saturday runs at 8:00 am sharp. Most cell phones don't work out there, so don't count on them. If you're not going to wheel your rig, there should be plenty of empty seats so come on out and enjoy yourself.

See everyone by Saturday morning,

Oh....the early days of JV :)

It was crazy fun out there.....still is.

that was when Naxja guys used to regularly go out there.....good times :cheers:

I joined Naxja thinking there would be spontaneous rus. I know I haven't met many of you but I'm down for JV, never been.

It used to be a lot more common, really we just need people to do it (when deciding to go wheeling post it up so people can meet up) so it gets back in vogue. About all I do is Adopt-A-Trail work and people are always invited there!

Going wheeling is so 2004.

Its so much cheaper and easier to just talk about it on facebook.

I posted up for Death Valley / Panamint Valley runs, but no one showed. I had to try to break Gomer all by myself.

David Bricker / SYR - CLT

That missed my spring break by a week, or I would have been there the whole time....stupid work, always getting in the way of a good time. :twak:

I would have liked to have joined you, except that I had a conflicting commitment. Stuff happens. I really would like to see Panamint some day.

sOpGufba86GxVqvj38bp42o9lyU_DR4MRTTOsY2YsWmQ1A6cv9AfJY8QkEoeXA8yLgZwuhZnvcH8CmTvU3h0H8qldVI5P2pxSmQlVOl5QBUbuTM58ifbjgJyjUq3Yy9Ufwnzws6x1Og=w1600

I can confirm, Goatman's directions work.

If you zoom in to the windshield, it says Death Valley Paul on there.

Back