• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

slide in camper shells (for camper on flat bed project)

Ben_Dyer

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if a company sells just the shell for a slide in camper? I am thinking about doing a gooseneck flatbed trailer with a camper bolted to the floor. Im sure you all know what i am talking about, but if not i mean this......
100_0538.jpg

ive tried searching and came up with a few things but not much. I figure I could outfit the interior for cheaper than they can inorder to save a little cash. What do you guys think of this idea?

Start hunting on Craigslist, I'm sure you could find a good slide in camper for relatively cheap, with just about any option you could want.

X2....... gut an existing camper and save $$$.

I was hoping to get a well insulated camper and not have to worry about it getting too hot in the desert or too cold in the winters if i take it hunting. What are some well built quality campers i should take a look at? Any brands or companies i should avoid when planning for this type of setup? Im thinking a 28' flat bed would be minimum with an 8' camper and a 30' would be minimum if using a 12' camper. Everyone agree here?

I see that type set up all the time in my neck off the woods. really, any pop up truck camper would be good as long as its in good shape and/or the ac/heat work in it. you can find them by me from (decent shape) $1500- to whatever the new price is.

Chek directly with the camper mfgs.

I have seen plain shells used by materials testing companies. (Don't want the general public knowing you're carrying radioactive materials.)

Back