• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C101/104 Commando Resources?

casm

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have a recommendation on NAXJA-alike resources for the C101 & C104 Commandos? I've dug one up that's dirt cheap and complete with a blown engine and would like to do some research before I decide to lug it out of the desert or not. I've found plenty of sites covering history and production, but not so much the tech end.

Search for JEEPSTER and you should come up with several NAXJA-esque sites.

Good vehicles and fun, used to have one but didnt have the money to do what I wanted with it.

Nice open top option compared to a CJ.

Fergie said:
Search for JEEPSTER and you should come up with several NAXJA-esque sites.

Thanks... For some reason, I forgot that they were mostly designated as Jeepsters. Googling with that particular term was a lot more successful :D

Good vehicles and fun, used to have one but didnt have the money to do what I wanted with it.

At this point, I know squat about the vehicle itself - this was a word-of-mouth find, so am waiting for word back from the owner before going ahead with it. It's apparently a pre-smog V8, automatic, convertible - so I'm guessing '72 or '73. Been parked for a number of years, so will need recommissioning in addition to a new engine.

If anyone knows of a hydraulically-shifted 4-speed autobox that'll mate up to the 304cid AMC engine (or what my engine swap options are to a 4-speed automatic), I'd be interested to hear them.

Nice open top option compared to a CJ.

That's pretty much what I was thinking - it's essentially a Scrambler, only smog-free.

Fergie said:
72-73 are FUGLY...but knowing your propensity to ugly vehicles, you'd like it.

Actually, I gotta agree with you on both counts, though I'd prefer an earlier one. But it's near enough to free as doesn't matter, so it's a case of beggars not being choosers.

Back