• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What size shocks? 5.5 deaver coils

92xjRJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys new to the board but have been a ghost follwer for a while. I have a question. I am looking into purchasing the deaver 5.5" coils and want to know who runs them and with what size shocks? I have a set of kings in my garage and am hoping to be able to use them but I want to make sure they will be in the ball park of the right length. Any input would be great! Thanks!

Short arms, CAD brackets, long arms, etc.. ?
More than likely 12" travel shocks. But, depending to variables such as tire size, bump stops, stock/trimmed fenders. You really need to flex and stuff your setup and measure.
Removing the coils and having the body on jack stands to stuff will be the easiest way. Unless you have access to a lift, then that makes things a little easier.

I ran 10.5" travel shocks on 5.5" of lift and they were the right amount of travel. 12 is about the max I would go/would be all you need

10" if you want it easy,
12" if you wanna fight for every bit of travel....

Ive setup fox 2.5" 10"s on that coil, and it fits really nice.

12" short body 7100s on 4.5" of lift. Short arms, drop brackets. Using every bit of the travel. Like others have said, you really need to measure with your tires and wheel openings to know for sure.

You can always bump stop and limit strap to avoid killing the shock.

David Bricker / SYR

I had totally forgot about this post as i have sold that jeep and on to another much cleaner xj, I had bought some king 10" smoothie remote resivor shocks hopping they would fit, glad to come across this and see that they should work pretty good. and is that with out any custom work to the bottom mount minus the bar pin eliminators? or should it be re-enforced or just cut and use a shock tab welded to the axle?

Back