• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Fest Summary

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Hey Folks! Thanks for coming up. It definately was a fun event. JohnX: thanks for the grub, Rich&Kim: thanks for getting the shirts done, thanks to all the trail leaders.

Anyways, I wont bore you with a long speech as I did that during the raffle already (but in my defense I sat through some big event raffles in the past few months and they were BOOOOOORING so I figured I"d try to liven up things a bit).

Anyways, great trails, great folks, great company, great weather, great camp fires... can't ask for much more.

Oh yeah, adopt a trail, we had a bunch of folks that showed up (I got the numbers in my jeep as that's where the attendance sheet is at). We got to do a bit of everything: ditch digging, rock stacking, I even got to winch a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE tree.

ruggedjeep said:
lol sure it was... How old is your phone? I believe all keyboards light up nowadays.. :laugh:

Remis text to me last night. I asked him to grab my shirts from Rich.

"Damb rich left xamp,i'll try tocatch him tompromam"

Hey.. it was a test.. it was only a test :D Now we return to regular programming. Oh yeah... and you do realize that those lights go out? I had to swap one phone out twice: first half the keyboard went out (lights). Next phone lasted 3 months and all the lights went out.

edit: oops... on the edit: thoguht I hit quote abut I hit edit..... see? even my home equipment does not always want to cooperate with me!

WinchTime.jpg
Kejtar said:
Oh yeah, adopt a trail, we had a bunch of folks that showed up (I got the numbers in my jeep as that's where the attendance sheet is at). We got to do a bit of everything: ditch digging, rock stacking, I even got to winch a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE tree.

The trail Maintenance was a blast. Remi winching the tree was great! The tree was huge. Put Remi's winch to the test, ask him about his new melted winch rope!

RemisTree1.jpg

FordGuy said:
How many people does it take to setup a winch line? :D

The trail Maintenance was a blast. Remi winching the tree was great! The tree was huge. Put Remi's winch to the test, ask him about his new melted winch rope!
Yup, winching that tree was FUN. And I will be investigating the melting winchline issue.

It was a big 'un ;) I had to reposition my jeep twice to get it in a spot that would keep it from sliding.

Are Chainsaws outlawed in Calif. too ? Cut that sucker up.
:doh:

Wayne

Remi

Did Greg make it on the AAT run?

karstic said:
Remi

Did Greg make it on the AAT run?
He was there before the run. I have some notes from the Adopt a trail run that I will post up later ;) Btw, to all those that wanted to go but didn't get a chance to, I think that we will have to come out one more time as there are couple things that we couldn't address.

Kejtar said:
Hey Folks! Thanks for coming up. It definately was a fun event. JohnX: thanks for the grub, Rich&Kim: thanks for getting the shirts done, thanks to all the trail leaders.

Anyways, I wont bore you with a long speech as I did that during the raffle already (but in my defense I sat through some big event raffles in the past few months and they were BOOOOOORING so I figured I"d try to liven up things a bit).

Anyways, great trails, great folks, great company, great weather, great camp fires... can't ask for much more.

Wished I was able to make it, sounds like you all had a great time.

Yea it was fun, I think for me the highlight of the day was when we were properly putting rocks into the stream, i belive everyone of the guys was a splash victum, that was quite entertaining. Not to mention I got to try out the used (new to me) mtr's good stuff.

peace
ted

Back