• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THANKS for a great weekend in Big Bear!!

Skwerly

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to send out a BIG thank-you to all who made this weekend possible. I had the time of my life, and it seemed like everyone else was enjoying themselves as well. A very good NAXJA event, pulled of without a hitch. Everyone was very positive, the runs went well and I personally could not have asked for better circumstances for a weekend away.

FIRST, I have to give a HUGE thank-you to Brendan for the spot - it was a great site in a nice part of the loop, and I appreciate it beyond words. That was very cool!! (Oh, you won a t-shirt and a ballcap at the raffle) :wave:

Thanks to Remi for allowing me to foul up his campfire with my loud, dirty mouth :clap:. Also thanks for a great raffle and BBQ, good stuff!

Thanks to Grimm for partying with me all weekend, thanks for the Sloppy Joe (OMG good!), letting me dominate your bottle of Jack Daniels and for the washer fluid reservoir - THANKS dude!!

Thanks to Paul for the Asbach and the company!! (yea, I remembered it, that stuff is good!) :)

Thanks to Rabbit, Josh and Remi for putting up with me when I was pretty snookered and rambling on and on about not a whole lot hasta. Also, thanks Rabbit for leading the Gold Mountain run - I had a great time!! That trail was quite a bit more challenging than I had pictured in my mind, I'm really glad I went!

Thanks to SoCalBill for coming over and rapping for a bit, it was fun shooting the chit!

Thanks to JohnX for laughing at all my crude jokes and once again thanks for the great deal on the t-case - it worked great!!

Once again, thank-you to EVERYONE who made this event an enjoyable, positive experience. I truly loved seeing all of you there, what a bitchin' time! Heck, Rambo even stopped in for a couple hours! The NAXJA community is second to none, you guys ♫♫ ROCK ♫♫ !!

Pics coming soon :).

Last edited:
Good seeing you again Skwerly. Always enjoy your humor.

Skwerly.JPG

Nice to meet you Leep and good talking rear ends before the trail run. I hope to wheel with you both soon.
Baja Curt

I was just bummed I didn't win the bag of charcoal. :) Fun run on the trails. We kinda got split on the John Bull afternoon run when some of us stopped at camp so Kevin could refuel. I kind of wish I did the night run.

x2 skwerly.. im just glad i had someone up there to drink with :D

sorry i didnt walk you home saturday night like i said i would, i dont even remember leaving Remi's camp!

;)
that was one hell of a weekend...

oh and if anyone remembers me bitching about the problem with the tent door last year... i happened again this year last night. i got in, went to zip the door shut, and the zip part of the zipper broke in 2 pieces and the door flapped open in the wind all night :smsoap: all i can say now is its REALLY good to be home. sorry i bailed on the trail cleanup but the baby woke up sick from the super cold night.. and i had to get her home.

i had a blast! and i think we need more than one big chapter get-together a year. good to see you folks i never got to meet before, and thanks to everyone who had a hand in making this event KICK ASS

-G!

markw said:
I was just bummed I didn't win the bag of charcoal. :) Fun run on the trails. We kinda got split on the John Bull afternoon run when some of us stopped at camp so Kevin could refuel. I kind of wish I did the night run.

yeah, you and kev wussed out the entire weekend. You missed the runs I went on on sunday and saturday night. :D

Back