• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removing the red and blue stripe off cragers...?

SurfXJSnow

NAXJA Forum User
is there a way to safely take the gay pin stripes off without scarring or marring up the black paint? i need advice before i try this and ruin the glossy finish on the wheels.

Yeah....... 'wheel it. Rock rash removes paint.

:D

Nail polish remover WITH acetone works well.

Thats what I did. Painted the silver lead weights too....

You painted the what............. For christ sake jerk those damn things off and throw some bb's or airsoft inside and call it a day!! You will never have to balance that set of tires again!!:rolleyes:

You painted the what............. For christ sake jerk those damn things off and throw some bb's or airsoft inside and call it a day!! You will never have to balance that set of tires again!!:rolleyes:

I can second that. I have some banna peel 38's that have worn completely even and no wheel vibes from an out of balance tire.

the centrifugal force will even out the weights no matter how much you put in as long as you have enough. I see threads where people try to get scientific about how much to put in " my tires had four ounces in them so i put in exactly four ounces it worked great"

yeah that's all well and good until you tear another lug off the bad side of the tire while wheeling it.

The physics are pretty simple. The air soft pellets will distribute themselves to balance the tire, once balanced the rest of the pellets will evenly distribute around the tire having no further effect on its balance. To do anything different or to try and get the "right amount" ignores the physics of the issue. I wouldn't put 4 pounds in them, but 1/2-3/4 lb or so should balance anything you drive.

I buy either the larger can at walmart, $14 or so or two of the smaller cans $10 and split the pellets amongst four tires. I use the same mount of pellets to balance my 35 or the 265/70/17s on my dually and the wife's expedition. The resuts are the same, perfectly balanced tires.

Back