• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welder for Sale (Local)

CRASH

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Looks like the previous post was lost, let's try again.

For Sale:

Hobart 135 MIG Welder. This welder is about 3 years old, and has been very well taken care of. It plugs into any standard wall socket, and burns .188" wall steel very nicely in one pass. I have welded a lot of 1/4" plate with this unit as well, usually double passing to make sure. As a testament to the units power, when I broke my traction bar mount off the rear axle, it was not the welds fault, in fact the axle tube peeled away before the weld failed. My whole rig, including long arms, have been built with this unit.

It is set up to run .024, .030 or .035 wire. It includes a regulator to run your favourite gas mix, and of course, it can use flux core wire as well. It handles up to 11 pound spools of wire. Most of the parts that make up a Hobart machine are Miller parts (Miller Corp. purchased Hobart a few years back). Parts and service are readily available for this machine.

I will throw in an in-expensive welding helmet and a welding lesson to the purchaser. This unit can be found on the internet for somewhere between $459 and $535. Todays bargain price is $300, firm.

Here's the dope from Hobart's site:

http://www.hobartwelders.com/products/handler135.html

I DO NOT want to hassle with shipping, so I'm posting it here for the benefit of the locals.

CRASH

Hey Andy,

Think its possible to negotiate a settlement in loo of the doors? I have access to a 220 mig but its not always conveinient. Having one at my house too would be very nice.

Jeff

crazy4mopar said:
Do you have an early bronco front end laying around?

WOW that was totaly random:confused:

JP,

Your doors are coming shortly, I have a line on some.

Unibody Eliminator Kits: I send you instructions on how to sell your XJ and buy a TJ.

CRASH

I'd buy it from you right now if you were closer. I keep boworring a friends to weld on this tubing, and I'd like to have one, so I just started looking around. I'm thinking it may be worth it to go ahead and get a 230V machine since I'm already wired for it, but it's the smaller stuff on the rig, and the tubing, that I like using the MIG for, the heavy stuff I can still use my stick, so a 115V unit would work for me. Plus, I used up a chunk of my Jeep fund buying that Comanche.

What are you getting to replace it?

Miller or Hobart 210 (basically the same machine). I have a 110 volt TIG machine for doing small stuff, so this machine is pretty repetitive. My stick is on semi-permanent loan to my brother, so I need a bigger machine with a good duty cycle to do large work like axle narrowing.

CRASH

Nope, I had a Lincoln stick machine, a 110 TIG, and this Hobart 135.

CRASH

Hey Andy,

I'll take it if its still available. We could do the exchange at the meeting next week if you're going to make it. Or shoot me a call at work, 920-3311 xt229.

Jeff

Can't make the meeting, but I can meet you some day the week after. I've got about 1.5 million things to do next week.

I can't recall where you live, but if it's on my way from work, I can bring it by one night after next weekend.

If you want a quick lesson, you could come up one day next weekend. I'll be off on Friday as well.

CRASH

I live in Antelope, but with juggling the family schedules can't ever guarentee when I can be there. Maybe one day this weekend would work to head up your way. PM me or call me at work with your # and we can coordinate. I'm in no hurry since I can't figure out a good way to use the welder in the bathroom remodel. Gotta get that project off the to do list.

Jeff

HA! So you're doing a bathroom remodel as well, eh?

CRASH....sent you a PM.

Yea. It all started with a simple leaky toliet seal and the next thing I know its getting gutted and all new fixtures. ALL projects snowball around here.

Yes, and two Atlas T-cases later, you've got a pot to piss in again.

CRASH

Back