• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How many of you have no sway bars?

No sway F&R with 7" lift and daily 60miles commute!

I took mine off, front and rear, when I put the lift on and it is fine, but has a little roll, but it makes it fun to drive.
Tylor

I run none, 4" 33's. That said.....make damn sure you are aware of the saftey implications of removing the only part of your suspension designed to restrain flex. Just like everything else, the ulitimate descision is yours. It will exhibt more body roll than before, and driving like a little old lady is recommended.

Rev

No sway bars here either! About 8.5-9" lift and 37" swampers. Swaybars are for sissies!!!!!!!

I used to run with the jks quick discos because I thought it was nessecary but I hate having to get out pull the pins get back in just to go offroad I said F THAT S and took it off runs fine even at 8

stock no sway bars with about 200lbs of equipment on my heavy duty roof rack I can get the body to bottom out on concrete just from body roll but other than that I drive safe on the road.

threw mine away with 7 1/2"rear and 6" front lift running 33's. I have the adjustable ranchos with 4 on rear and 3 on front. Cant tell the difference.

7.5", 50mi round-trip commute 5 days a week, several trips to the Eastern side of the State and down to Oregon, going on 3 years now....no issues.

What's a sway bar?:confused: :D

No f/r for bout 3months now, right at 8", swaybars are for ppl that like to drive safe!:D

The only time I hook-up my front is when I tow it on the car dolly. Otherwise they've all been disco'ed all around for over a year. I'm at 5.5" and after a while I don't even notice the sway.

Guy

Lifted to 3, took of rear bar, no difference. took off front bar, a lot of difference, a difference that needs to be compensated by driving, slower around corners for example.

I made some discos, and broke the 1/2" threaded rod. the problem is when you go somewhere that needs flex with it connected, it bends and breaks stuff. was too much of a hassle to me since I wheel sporadically ;) so I've since taken the thing off again, and I slowed back down.

bottom line is the front bar will make a big difference. and if you want it to handle as good as it does now, don't take it off, if you don't mind driving your jeep like a jeep, take it off. I must say both bars are now serving me well as rag-racks in the garage.

I used to run swaybarless, just like you guys I didn't think it made that much of a difference. Then as I got more and more comfortable with it, I started driving faster and faster, and it got to the point where driving on the highway in the mtns was scary. I thought I'd lifted it too much or something, but then it occured to me to hook the swaybar back up. Since then I won't run without a front one. I hate to be the guy that starts the "what about an emergency maneuver" argument, but I had to swerve to miss a deer one night on a back road without my swaybar and I had to stop and collect my thoughts afterwards for about 15 mins before I could even think about driving. Jeep on two wheels sliding sideways is not a fun thing to experience. My .02

Ary

The front bar makes a huge difference, that's what you need to understand if you want to run without it.

Back