• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Comanche... a V8?

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
found this... just wondering if that is worth it? also... did these come with 4x4 stock... or they were like xjs ... with 2 and 4x ?

here is the caption...

Comment: Auto, rebuilt 305, runs good, includes topper, 10,000 km since last safetied and E-tested, must sell, bought new truck, $1200 obo as is.

thats CDN... and... what is a topper??? wtf?

I would think a topper is a 'camper shell'. You would have to ask Eagle but I don't think a 305 was ever stock. If someone already did the conversion and it runs well then $1200 CDN would make an intriguing project.

A 305 is a Chevy motor. The only V8's that were offered in Jeeps were 304, 360, 327, 401 AMC's Buick 350, Mopar 318 and 360. None of these were offerd in a Comanchee. I personally will not buy something that was built by someone that I don't know who did it.

i will run away than:) Thank you all for great advice.
What was the last year these were in production???

robz95xj said:
A 305 is a Chevy motor. The only V8's that were offered in Jeeps were 304, 360, 327, 401 AMC's Buick 350, Mopar 318 and 360. None of these were offerd in a Comanchee. I personally will not buy something that was built by someone that I don't know who did it.
What he said.

Last year for the Comanche was 1992. First year was 1986, longbed only in 86.

Eagle said:
What he said.

Last year for the Comanche was 1992. First year was 1986, longbed only in 86.
Yeah what I said

I saw this in the Trader as well. I almost called, but decided not to. Once I call I tend to drag the shite home.

r@m

p.s. It's a Comanche with a Chev 305 in it.

Root Moose said:
I saw this in the Trader as well. I almost called, but decided not to. Once I call I tend to drag the shite home.

r@m

p.s. It's a Comanche with a Chev 305 in it.
Heresy.

If they HAD to go V8, the least they could have done would be to use an AMC 304 or 360 (or 401!)

Eagle said:
Heresy.

If they HAD to go V8, the least they could have done would be to use an AMC 304 or 360 (or 401!)
X2 on that. AMC's rule!

Back