• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harness with Stock Seat

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
I have a roll cage in my 2000 XJ and am looking for ideas on how to install harnesses using my stock seats. I searched to see if anyone has modified their stock seats for harness set up and have not found anything. I was thinking of cutting pass through holes in the seat to snap in side by side harness slots has anyone done this?

I thought about it. Then realized it very likely a bad idea. My thoughts are the stock seats dont have the structural support to work with a harness. Any flex at all where the straps pass through the seat will mean that you're bouncing around in the seat instead of being firmly planted. Being taller than most, this means my head can now contact the cage, b pillar, who knows what else.

If you're going to the time and expense of cage, harnesses, etc, do it right and get some harness ready seats. Dont skimp on safety equipment

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Using seats that are not harness ready with a harness can cause more injury than regular seatbelts.

The seat can fold up on you, or compress your spine by pulling your shoulders down, and simply injure you worse in an accident.

Spend the money and do it right.

All good points thanks for the feed back.

Back