• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

URE Workday... 12/15

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Who is going out there this weekend for the Workday and meeting? If I don't have to go see my son perform I will be out there.

Going to be in Michigan visiting Cobbler Chris. Big things are happening in the URE scene though.

Indeed they are.

I won't be able to make it this weekend like I had hoped either. Had some prior commitments that I couldn't re-arrange.

If I make it out... which I believe I will. Maybe we can get together and compare notes.

We finally have a time schedule for this whole thing, and its changed once again. Here it is from the e-mail I received:

9:00 - 9:30 - drivers meeting to go over safety and split up into groups
10:00 - Trail ride begins
5:00 - Dinner which will be held at the Eldorado community center
6:00 - 8:00 Meeting which will be held at the Community center also
8:00 - Raffle and Give-a-Ways

12/15... Who sent out that email Eli?

Michael Morrison, he originally came up with the idea for the meeting. As he worked with Scott Fields and later myself the tail inventory ride was added. The trail inventory will be the workday portion. There will be 3 groups riding different trails stopping to take notes and document problem areas and on the flip side of that areas of opportunity.

Would there be anything a n00b could do of value?

Anyone that is interested in the future of Uwharrie and its trails is of value to this ride.

There will be multiple clubs participating in the ride, along with a series of individuals involved in the volunteering effort. The information pertaining to this meeting has not been posted on any public forums beyond this one to keep attendance to those that are truly interested in keeping our trails open (clubs and individuals).

I was planning on going out there on the 14th with a group from school. Since this is on the 15th I might stay over night and meet up with you guys on the morning of the 15th and do the trail workday and leave late in the afternoon so I can get to work on Sunday. Going out there is still up int he air though since Im relying on being able to put my motor mounts in my jeep tomorrow.

Would there be anything a n00b could do of value?

A lot of the work days are in need of manual labor. So if you can use a shovel or use a socket wrench or pick up trash you will have something to do....

Is this a club run or something? I might be interested in hitting the trails one more time before they close for the year.

I have been to one or two of these this year and have been making an effort to help Eli and so has NAXJA. This is not a club run per say but I will be there as long as none of my kids get sick or something does not pop up between now and then.

I was planning on going out there on the 14th with a group from school. Since this is on the 15th I might stay over night and meet up with you guys on the morning of the 15th and do the trail workday and leave late in the afternoon so I can get to work on Sunday. Going out there is still up int he air though since Im relying on being able to put my motor mounts in my jeep tomorrow.

If you do stay over find me.... I'll try and get to the outpost by 9am. However... that will depend on how late I'm out/up Friday night... :clap:

Looking forward too seeing you again Eli. On a side note what has become of the "New Gold Mine" trail proposal? Or do you just want to keep that back channel and tell me Saturday? Also will you be ridding or driving the Raider?

Well looks like I wont make it out tomorrow. I think im gonna still try to get out there on Sat however.

Looks like I might not make it. One of the boys was diagnosed with flu today. I dont think he will be going to his mom's this weekend and I'll llikely have to take care of him.

Hope you can make it out Glenn and hope the kiddo feels better. The new trail project that will use part of Gold Mine was discussed at the "pre-trail run" a week or two ago so its very possible it will be brought up again during the official trail run/meeting. Its definitely a project we are keeping alive, and the Forest Service is interested so that is at least a start.

Back