• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Cherokee custom project “kit” for sale

captzoom

NAXJA Forum User
I have disassembled my 2-door XJ to build a new vehicle. Originally built as display/publicity vehicle for off-road and performance products, but never used off-road. In storage for years. The special high-dollar powertrain/drivetrain, suspension, axles, instruments, seats, etc. have been removed. Now set up as a "roller" with stock Cherokee axles, suspension, steering, brakes, etc. (mainly to make it convenient to move around) Many other stock Cherokee components, including instruments, interior, mechanical and electrical items to make it into a complete vehicle are included but not installed. Six cylinder 4.0 Jeep engine and automatic transmission package can be included at your option.

Make it into your own great custom-built off-road or street machine. Bolt your upgrade running gear and powertrain into this excellent body/frame for a huge savings in time and money over building it up yourself. Ideal for engine swap or other upgrades. The hard part is already done.
Complete body/unibody frame with full welded-in structural rollcage, full color-matched spray-in "bedliner" coated interior and rocker panels, custom Humvee nose cap/grille, enlarged wheel openings and wide fender flares, stainless snorkel/filter, extra-large folding sunroof, custom hood and hinges, Quartz-halogen lights, heat-treated T-6 aluminum rocker panel skid guards, great urethane paint job (Penske Yellow), radiator, fuel tank w/pump, all glass, and more. Texas titled and registered. Just $1995 (there's more than $1200 in the sunroof and $2500+ in paint and coating alone!)

Optional
Jeep 4.0 liter fuel injected engine and automatic overdrive transmission, complete package.
National Spring 9-leaf, 4" lift custom rear springs with 1.5" lift HD shackles, urethane bushings.
complete HVAC system (‘95, 25K miles, R134A) includes compressor and condenser.
T-6 aluminum fuel tank skid plate and nose skid plate.
Corbeau racing suspension bucket seats, front.
Schroth custom 4-point racing safety harness/belts (color matched).
Corbeau bucket seats, rear.
roof and interior cargo racks.
Set of custom-built Bilstein shocks for lifted Cherokee (less than 200 miles on them).

Contact me for pictures. This vehicle and equipment are in my way now. Might be able to help with transport.

This is not spam. If I could figure out how to post a picture here without having a URL I'd do it. Been on the road all day so slow to reply, sorry.

As I mentioned, I have removed the powertrain, running gear and suspension from this XJ and stuffed some stock 2WD axles, steering, brakes, etc under it so it would be easier to move around. I also have the interior from the 2dr XJ I got the running gear from, just in case somebody wants to put some of that stuff back in. I have a 98 4.0/AW4 2WD powertrain (not installed) available too.

There are some items that I removed from the yellow XJ that I decided not to use in the new Jeep I'm building, those are listed under the "options" heading.

I have lots of pix (including details) of the XJ before I disassembled it which I would be happy to send if you'll PM me an e-mail address.

This stuff is in my way and I need the space, but I'm not really interested in giving it away. If interested, make me a humane offer. The only trade I can think of being interested in is for a 20' enclosed v-nose 10K trailer, but try me if you have something cool to offer.

Thanks for your interest.

Guys, I've seen pics and like what I see. I too am traveling for work but I'm REALLY interested!

Hope you all keep your hands off until I get home ;) :)

here you go!

DSC_0160light.jpg

DSCN6828.jpg

DSCN6808.jpg

DSCN6804.jpg

DSCN6854.jpg

would you be interested in a 92 toyota celica? i bought it a while back, and lost interest it fast cars and that scene. runs and drives great, needs some TLC. but hey it gets around 32mpgs with your foot flat on the floor

So would you part with the national leafs???

Yes. The springs are custom-built 9-leaf with interleaf anti-friction pads, full military eye wrap, 4" lift + Daystar Super Shackles provide another 1", total 5" lift. Much better ride and compliance than regular lift kit springs. Very low street only miles. Including spring plates with integral shock mounts and U-bolts for D44 axle. New cost for this setup apx $875, sell for $350, without spring plates & U-bolts $325.

Have pix if you want, PM with an email address and I'll send 'em. Thanks for your interest.

Back