• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Tools

Do you use your tools on the trail?

• Total voters

Phil

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I just read a comment in a chapter forum about finding another item for the toolbox on just about every run.

Whereas, I rarely even look at my tools, "for the type of wheeling I do".

So I'm curious, do you go in your toolbox a lot? Sometimes? Ever?

If I'm on a mild or expedition run I"ll carry a range of tools. If I'm on anything hard I'll just carry tools for what items are likely to break (shafts and steering). And contrary to popular belief I actually do very little wrenching on the trail ;)

It was true in the early days for me. I would break a lot. I'd add another tool, and upgrade whatever broke. I still carry the tools and parts, but it's been a long time since I broke (knock on wood). I guess I'll attribute to just upgrading the stuff that broke.

It was true in the early days for me. I would break a lot. I'd add another tool, and upgrade whatever broke. I still carry the tools and parts, but it's been a long time since I broke (knock on wood). I guess I'll attribute to just upgrading the stuff that broke.
same here. wheel it till it breaks, then fix it with something that won't.

I havent done many "hard" trails...and since my rig is fairly small it doesnt see many hard trails just yet. However, I do carry a stock craftsman tool check, and an array of "basic" repair/replacement items. (fuel line, vaccum line, fuses, steering, bushings, brake lines, etc.)

~Scott

I carry them just in case...knock on wood its been a while since my rig has had issues on the trail. It's usually other rigs (newbies) and polaris bikes that need the work the most. It is important to know how to and be able to fix problems on the trail as it is usually easier for a rig to come out on its own power than to have to tow it.

Ricky Bobby driven always requires tools.

I always have a tool box in my Jeep. Its just a basic sockets, wrenches, pliers, screw drivers, and BFH but I find it useful everywhere I go. A lot of people I know lack tools so they come in handy.

I carry tools,spare parts,and misc. fluids.. Most of what I carry has been a help to me and/or someone brokedown on the trail.

I don't trailer, so if I break it then I better be able to fix it.....

Happy Trails

Nick

Back