• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snow in the Mother Lode...

xL8 APEKSx

NAXJA Forum User
Wow...anyone else in my neck of the woods? Twain Harte is pretty well covered! Almost couldn't get out of the driveway today...this is the view of the driveway this morning from the front door. Just out of view, the street climbs up to the right. I was just slippin' forward about half-inch at a time with all 4 spinning trying to get up the hill!

zjj9fc.jpg

Looks like fun. Not much of a snow kinda guy, I guess thats why I don't live up that way. I do like to visit it on occasion though......

The 4WD club is heading out to Twain Harte for their annual Snow Run in a few weeks. Sounds like there will be lots of snow to play in.

Smittie

Made a small trip with my friend. Spent a night in a tent on snow at a snow park at the Carson pass last weekend. Woke up to avalanche blasts. 20" of new snow around the tent, went xcountry skiing, 32km, nice day in the snow.

hey guys, i live in sacto and want to join the sierra chapter here on naxja, is there any kind of initiation process other than the application and fee's, like do i need to meet ya all before the first time i roll out to a trial with you guys? im on naxja every day...
im rolling with a 89xj 3" 33's 3.55's, d44 waiting for brake parts, lockright and posilok waiting to go up front, skids, trimming and bushwackers, conferrrack and lights all around, hood vents and working on a snorkel, stock tow hook setup, free cheapo brush gurad, jerry can holder, roll bar waiting to go in,

blondejoncherokee said:
hey guys, i live in sacto and want to join the sierra chapter here on naxja, is there any kind of initiation process other than the application and fee's, like do i need to meet ya all before the first time i roll out to a trial with you guys? im on naxja every day...
im rolling with a 89xj 3" 33's 3.55's, d44 waiting for brake parts, lockright and posilok waiting to go up front, skids, trimming and bushwackers, conferrrack and lights all around, hood vents and working on a snorkel, stock tow hook setup, free cheapo brush gurad, jerry can holder, roll bar waiting to go in,

Do yourself a favor and do GEARS before anything else on your list! Less strain on the drivetrain, gobs more TQ at the wheels for off roading, and you'll pick up at least 3mpg.

blondejoncherokee said:

Just show up and meet the locals. The rest will take care of itself. Welcome!

Back