• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Basic 4WD Question

Timber

NAXJA Forum User
I have the 242 t-case and when I shift into full time, I can hear and feel it shifting, but not when I just shift into part time. I know that there's a "shift sleeve" that physically moves into place allowing full time differentiation, and I'm sure that's what I'm hearing and feeling. My question is should I hear or feel anything when going into part time? I rarely use part time; I usually just skip on by with the shifter on my way to full time or low, so that's why I'm pretty unfamiliar with normal part time.

Timber said:
I have the 242 t-case and when I shift into full time, I can hear and feel it shifting, but not when I just shift into part time. I know that there's a "shift sleeve" that physically moves into place allowing full time differentiation, and I'm sure that's what I'm hearing and feeling. My question is should I hear or feel anything when going into part time? I rarely use part time; I usually just skip on by with the shifter on my way to full time or low, so that's why I'm pretty unfamiliar with normal part time.
No

You usually notice pretty quick when you turn a corner.

8Mud said:
You usually notice pretty quick when you turn a corner.
I was typing when you sent this, but yes, I'm aware of when it's in part time, I just didn't know if I should hear or feel anything as well.

Back