• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 xj sport- Mystery cylinder 6 misfire

Spruce

NAXJA Forum User
I was messing with my brake lines around the master, and disconnected the brake sensor. I forgot to plug it back in, and my jeep threw a u3f06 "network" engine code. I had no idea what it was, but it came my way because I didn't put the sensor back in....That was an easy fix. The mystery came with a P0306 code that was sent back to me at the same time. There is no CEL, but It's still showing me a misfire code even after disconnecting the battery and running a "clear ecu" protocol in Torque Pro.

It idles fine in park, but a bit rough in D (The engine mounts are fine, but I have yet to check out the trans mount). I haven't run a compression test yet, but I will next weekend when I have some time. Just curious what you guys think is going on here. I also am curious if a 306 code means a misfire in the 6th cylinder (closest to the firewall) or number 6 in the firing order?

Thank guys

It means cylinder #6, I would look closely at the injector wiring. It's pretty common to get melted insulation that leads to a mis-fire.

Back