• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any experience / knowledge of Iron Rock Offroad D-ring tow mount??

TylerA23

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any knowledge or experience with Iron Rock Offroads d ring tow mount?

My '98 XJ didn't come with any front hooks/recovery points. Im looking at options to use with a stock bumper. I cam across this, and was wondering if anyone knew if the d-ring mounts would work with a stock bumper, with the bottom "chin" piece.

I would imagine i'd have to cut out the outlined holes that are in this piece that i assume are where the tow hooks would go if they came with the vehicle.

I can't find any pictures of this d ring set up with a stock bumper in place.

Thanks

https://www.ironrockoffroad.com/product/xj-d-ring-tow-mount.html

I have seen this set-up in person, it is well constructed. The IRO picture shows the part with a stock bumper. Trimming the plastic should be all you need to do.

Last edited:
It appears to mount just like a front hitch. My front hitch required me to only cut the plastic where the square receiver could stick through. Made for a very clean install. As a side note I prefer the hitch to their product (not downing iro). More options with the hitch IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back