• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission mount 01 XJ

FaultyLine

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hello Everyone, I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to be posting this. I'm looking for a transmission mount for a 2001 XJ 4.0L Jeep? I have a wheeling trip this Sunday so I'm hoping to get it in the next two days. I'm locate in the Burbank area and am willing to drive quite a way to pick it up. If there are any suggestions about where this should be posted, please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

have you tried your local napa, pepboys, autozone, etc.? I would think that should be a stocked item in at least a few stores local to you.

I believe the 2001 uses the offset trans mount, which is much harder to find in a parts store. you may need to order one online.

unless your crossmember has holes for both types, then just get one for 1998 or below

i said 1998 or below just to be safe, i think the offset years are 2000-2001

Thanks for the responses everyone! I've looked at AutoZone, PepBoys, Oriely, Napa and can't find it. My 01 does have the offset mount - unfortunately. I hadn't thought about checking my crossmember for offset mounting holes, so I'll do that tonight - hopefully the holes are present so I can get a mount and save my trip!

Again - thank you everyone!

Yea, That seems to be the only way to go about this. I looked at my cross-member and it does not have mounting holes for a regular mount. In looking at the difference between mounts, I don't even know if that would have worked anyway. A new mount is on its way from rockauto.com, and I figured I'd replace my engine mounts while I'm at it, so I got some nice brown-dog mounts.

Yea, That seems to be the only way to go about this. I looked at my cross-member and it does not have mounting holes for a regular mount. In looking at the difference between mounts, I don't even know if that would have worked anyway. A new mount is on its way from rockauto.com, and I figured I'd replace my engine mounts while I'm at it, so I got some nice brown-dog mounts.

How much did you pay from rock auto? When I looked they were (unusually) kind of expensive.

Partsgeek had them for $30

Swap in an earlier crossmember? Ha.
GL.

How much did you pay from rock auto? When I looked they were (unusually) kind of expensive.

Partsgeek had them for $30

I got it for ~60 bucks shipped. I didn't do much looking around since I was in a hurry to get one. I should have checked Amazon like travisk did.

Back