• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Column Electrical Connectors 2000 Cherokee

oldbill

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to install a remote start in my wife's 2000 Cherokee. I have the unit, a bulldog remote start. I don't want to splice into the original column wiring and take a chance of messing it up. They used to make a harness that plugged into the steering column connector on one end and the wiring harness on the other. It then had leads coming off to plug into the remote start unit. It is however no longer available. If I could get the plugs I could make up my own. Does anyone know where to get the electrical plugs?
Thanks,
Bill

Does anyone know where to get the electrical plugs?

I bought a remote start at the big box electronics store and had them install it. Too many wires and too much time upside-down under the dashboard for me.

Stop by the junkyard and see if they will sell you the original plugs. Some will and some won't. Some will sell only on the day they send it to the crusher.

Back