• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clock Spring with Cruise

Yahooty

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all.
I'm trying to replace my clock spring on a 98 XJ limited that has Cruise Control on the steering wheel. My local NAPA can not find a replacement clock spring with the third wire.

Not too long ago I had this part on back order with Quadratec for several months before I finally gave up.

Is this a normal problem. Where can I order one??
Thanks

The TJ clock spring should be the same part with a different part number. Or, search for the SMP part number.

I have had excellent results with clockpsrings from the junkyard. You just have to be careful to confirm no-one has spun the steering wheel around a bunch of times, and to center it before installing.

MOPAR 56009071 W/ CRUISE CONTROL https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...l6,1315943,interior,air+bag+clockspring,10480

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS CSP282 {#56047105} W/ CRUISE CONTROL.

Last edited:
Rockauto.com has them, $221.79 (OUCH!). They are getting hard to come by though; I'm thinking of buying a spare just to have it on hand because of that.

Back