• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prothane Plugs

rockpile_zj

NAXJA Forum User
Check these out.. I recently found them and installed them along with Prothanes on my ZJ. I’ve ran prothanes in the past and always had the issue of them jamming onto the upper coil retainer/bump stop post. These are a 1.5” barbed adapter with a 2” flange. They fit really snug into the Prothane and will keep it from jamming. Haven’t tested them yet, I’m wrapping up the ZJ now and getting it ready for it’s first dirt run post lift.

https://www.amazon.com/DERNORD-Bar...arbed+adapter+tri+clamp&qid=1629261171&sr=8-5

791a395f776e376f7858b0549de77d5f.jpg

7174c2759c1047c68c9dbdc96bbce6fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't like them clanging metal to metal I just bolt a 1/4" thick plate on the end of the tower. It chews them up over time but not horrible.

I also put a piece of round delrin plastic in the center hole to make a hard bump.

How did it go? Was it a successful build? Care to share what have you found out?

I haven’t been able to get it off road yet. This is a new build that I’m wrapping up some final things on, and with a 6 month old it’s hard to find the time. I can say that I hear them tapping around town when I hit dips and bumps a little hard. They are staying in place so far, I really don’t think they’ll come out when used off road.

Wish I had more of an update to give you, I’ll update when I can.

These are a 1.5” barbed adapter with a 2” flange.

Are you sure it is a 1.5"? The link you posted only has 1.25" and 1.75" avalible.

Are you sure it is a 1.5"? The link you posted only has 1.25" and 1.75" avalible.

Positive, the ID of the Prothane is 1.5". Looks like the seller changed the Amazon listing and removed the 1.5" option. It's a fitting to go from a 1.5" hose to a 2" clamp. You could look for a different flange size, as long as the barbed fitting is meant for a 1.5" hose it will fit into the Prothane. I'd suggest keeping the flange under 3" or it may start to hang off the edge of the Prothane.

https://www.dernord.com/ This is the manufacturer. You could see if they have any in stock still, or another size that may work.

Back