• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jk rubicon 44 parts fit an XJ 44

jeeptec

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone know if the tru lock electric locker from a JK 44 will fit into a XJ 44. also what about the ring and pinion. i know the XJ uses shims for preload on the pinion. and the carrier is shimmed betwwen the bearing and cae. the JK uses a crush sleeve and the carrier bearings are between the housing and bearing . much like a model 35.

it might fit... the ring gear sizes are the same.

but according to randys, the pinion nut is a different size, and the spline count is different. but you couldnt just use JK shafts, as im sure width would be much different. youll have to check out bearing sizes to see if the locker itself will actually fit.

but im going to go with a "maybe". :dunno:
youd be better off just getting a locker specifically for your XJ44 i think.

i have an Ected in my 44. i have access to a good one from a jk44. i did a warranty repair at my dealership and if it scrapped it is mine. we dont have any tech info on what will interchange or not.always keeping my eyes open for good parts for us fellow Jeepers

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the JK rim lug circumference 5x5.5" and the XJ 5x4.5".....
Aren't the axle lengths slightly longer and the spline counts different in the JK D44 ???
If the spline count is different; then the locker (carrier) will not work either.....
I believe you would need to swap the entire differential to make this work....

No the Rubi D44 JK locker will NOT fit a typ D44 housing. The carrier bearings are different as is the Pin offset.

The NON rubi D44 JK, will take a reg ole D44 locker though, as will your D44 from a XJ.

Also the Ring and pinion from a JK D44 (either Rubi or non, both are the same) will Not fit a typ D44 housing.

I'd be curious in getting the ebay link. I've been having trouble deciding whether the JK or XJ should get more love come bonus time :)

Back