• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone make noiseless discos?

BALTANAKT

NAXJA Forum User
On my current build, I am trying to do an OEM+ sort of thing, so looking at options that won't make any more noise than stock. No squeaks, or pops, or anything.

Any ideas, or should I stick with the stock links and bushings?

Thanks!

How much lift do you have?

Not sure what you mean by "noiseless." I never noticed anything out of the ordinary with my JKS disco's. That being said, I kept them maybe a little too well-greased and also replaced the sway bar bushings with polyurethane ones at the same time of the disco install. You'd notice some wonkiness with them disconnected, sometimes sounded and felt like the front tires were rubbing on the fender liners, but that's to be expected. FWIW, as far as I know JKS is the only company that makes disco's for XJ's without a lift.

I made my own with ordinary heims at both ends, with normal greasing they are quite.
Not sure what level of noise control you expect.

There is always the Currie antirock sway bay setup..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm confused by this question.

There are disconnects that make noise?

The other question would be "who even runs them"? I dis-connect mine and never hook them back up!

I ran with no swaybar for like 8 years. And then I drove a rig that had them again.

Now I have them on everything. ;)

I've thought about that, but if I were to do it, it would the Currie Anti-Rock!

I'm confused by this question.

There are disconnects that make noise?

Made my own on my last XJ and they were very squeaky. Started driving me nuts after a couple of years.

I have some JKS sitting on the shelf now. I will pop them in and see what happens.

The other question would be "who even runs them"? I dis-connect mine and never hook them back up!

I prefer mine off for normal daily driving and of course off road, but if I know I will be driving canyon / mountains road I connect it, otherwise it's too much like a marshmallow for my liking.

I prefer mine off for normal daily driving and of course off road, but if I know I will be driving canyon / mountains road I connect it, otherwise it's too much like a marshmallow for my liking.

Some of us use our rigs as daily drivers maybe 90% of the time and light-to-moderate trail rigs 10% of the time. Disco's really shine in that kind of situation. And in Colorado, there's really no such thing as a trail that doesn't have a canyon/mountain road to get to it.

Stock. Just zip the nut off the bottom, or throw a wingnut on there and drill a hole for a body clip (image found on the interwebz):

Disc07.jpg

Rotate the stock link up to the body to hold it in place like you would with disconnects.

My Teraflex ones have never made any noise.

Disco is nothing with out a beat.:party:

Back