• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Machine Shop

crazymoose1990

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a quality machine shop in the Beaverton area at this point I am looking to boil a block and head. In the future I will be looking to get the block and head machined I am really leary about machine shops my last engine was not machined properly I spent alot of money and my engine was junk. My fault for waiting to install the engine it was to late for warrenty and the shop refused to help me in any way. I was refered by a friend he said they did great work checked there tolorences often yad yad yad in the end I ended up with rod slap or piston slap.

Thanks Jason :helpme:

Last edited:
Baxter auto parts has a good shop.
You can drop it off at any Baxter and they ship it to delta park to get the work done.
Ernie is the old guy in the shop. He does really good work and it's inexpensive. He did a 4.0 stroker last summer so that's a plus.
He will do it on the cheap but will tell you what you don't want to do cheap and what you can get away with.
Also you pay for the parts from Baxter so you have paper work on it, no big make up from the shop!!

Thanks Nick what's the name of his shop or is it Baxters machine shop. I will check him out on line I will only take my junk to a place with great ratings. I found a place in Forest Grove also guy's name is Dale Maslen he has a 5 star rating anyone heard of this place I was turned onto them from a guy at NAPA auto parts on Canyon.

Okay I am only cleaning the block at this point and maybe paint. I may do some work as time goes by. 5 angle valve job, buy some parts the big cost will be the Hesco stroker kit so I will probably due a few things until I save the money for that its around 2,600.00 I am just unsure of the oreder of everthing right now. I may finish my 150 axles first my engine does still run after all.

A good friend of mine had is head surfaced and rebuilt.. and then pullled his engine and had this shop rebuild it. They did great work, and the price was great. He did it for his sons XJ, it ran like a Top afterwards. Then the little bugger sold it..

Engines N More Inc

21150 SW 65th Ave
Tualatin, OR 97062
503-638-5599

I think you should try Steves machine shop in Tigard. We send all of our engine there and he is really good at what he does. He builds alot of race engines for the racers at woodburn. He is off 72nd rd exit on hwy 217. Just a heads up make sure you deal with steve himself. His helper can come off as a dick sometimes.

I think you should try Steves machine shop in Tigard. We send all of our engine there and he is really good at what he does. He builds alot of race engines for the racers at woodburn. He is off 72nd rd exit on hwy 217. Just a heads up make sure you deal with steve himself. His helper can come off as a dick sometimes.

Thats good to know, I drive by that place all the time.

Back