• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted: 4.0 block

im in RI. i have a whole engine...100 bux for it.

no intake or exhaust manifolds on it, ran fine when i pulled it i have all the parts to put it back together. its been outside sitting in the shell of the xj so it might be a lil rusty

im in RI. i have a whole engine...100 bux for it.

no intake or exhaust manifolds on it, ran fine when i pulled it i have all the parts to put it back together. its been outside sitting in the shell of the xj so it might be a lil rusty
What year? Would be able to grab the casting number off it?

any specific reason? i didnt think there was much difference in blocks

i have an 00 sitting around out of a seized engine, only the block, everything else is basically junk

blocks were the same from 88 to 2000 i believe only the head/top end changed, correct me if im wrong anyone??

i thought so to>

you left a reply to my parting out thread i do have a running 95 engine, all i have is basic hand tools and not sure if i have all the ones needed to remove the entire engine, nor do i have an engine hoist thou. Im sure the header is toast like most jeeps to. And i may keep the alternator since its brand new.

The short block shouldn't iirc, you will need a different head though.

I have an extremely clean 01 block that only needs a light hone on the #2 cylinder bore, including all the pistons/rods/bearings/crank, etc...I can bring it to Rocktoberfest at Rausch if you want it, its just clogging up my garage....and its the best price ever, free...pm me if you want details

I have an extremely clean 01 block that only needs a light hone on the #2 cylinder bore, including all the pistons/rods/bearings/crank, etc...I can bring it to Rocktoberfest at Rausch if you want it, its just clogging up my garage....and its the best price ever, free...pm me if you want details

oh, and I do have the head, too...same deal...included

Back