• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5 blade vs 6 blade mech fan

jordo

NAXJA Forum User
will the 5 blade mech fan from a 97 2.5L TJ draw as much air as the 6 blade in my 90 4L XJ? there's minimal differences in blade design between the two and the 5 blade has some funk-ass blade positioning that i'm assuming is for balance but not sure if it will draw at least enough air to keep my cherokee cool.

got the 5 blade setup just for the good clutch originally as mine's going but started thinking maybe swap in the whole thing if the 5 blade can handle it.

is there something wrong with your 6 blade?

its like 4 bolts on the back of the fan clutch to move them over...

the fan blade count and weird spacing is there for a reason, its to cancel out fan vibrations that can arise at certain RPM's. It's design is specific for the 4 cylinder's harmonics.

only one way to find out though!

thx for the input. nothing really wrong with my 6 blade and it's easy to swap it onto the new clutch but the 5 blade is a little lighter and shiny new :D
i'm gonna throw in the whole shebang tomorrow eve and see.

Back