• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New guy checking in

COYOTE BLANCO

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all! First off, drinks for all.
drinking-29.gif
Now, been reading here for a while and found lots of answers and learned much more than I thought I needed to know. Bought this XJ about a year ago. Has some sort of lift kit on it, rear was sagging very badly. I think it may have been lower than stock. Stuck some new RE 3.5 spring on it in the rear and it perked right up. Now I think it may be a little lower in the front so I think I'll go with a 3/4" spacer and see how it does. I'd like to just replace the whole front set up with RE, maybe later, this'll do for now. Put some new rubber on it last week, Cooper STT 31X10.50. I've read a little about them and nobody had anything horrible to say about them so I figured I'd give 'em a try. Waiting on a new drive shaft right now, have a very slight vibration dealio. Nothing I couldn't deal with just don't want to have a problem. Soon as that's in I'm need to hit some trails and see how it does. Bumpers lights and all the other goodies soon too. Anyway, thanks for all the info. Hope to meet up with y'all on the dirt soon.

Brandon

COYOTE BLANCO said:
It had some sort of a tow bar set up on it for towing behind a motorhome. I'm thinking until I get the new bumper on I could slip a class 1 hitch in here and put a D ring in it to use it as a recovery point, whatcha think of that?

4706100_2451-med.JPG

Looks good. definitely a good idea when you don't have any tow hooks up front yet. Did you get the driveline vibes after installing the lift? If so. maybe you need a slip yoke eliminator or just check your ujoints for wear

I see your reppin the 951, im a 909 native.

welcome to the bunch you coming to the meet n greet?

COYOTE BLANCO said:
It had some sort of a tow bar set up on it for towing behind a motorhome. I'm thinking until I get the new bumper on I could slip a class 1 hitch in here and put a D ring in it to use it as a recovery point, whatcha think of that?

4706100_2451-med.JPG

Welcome to the group.

Not so sure about that for a tow point. Go to a M&G, have a couple of guys who have been around for a while and you check it out, make sure it's mounted pretty good.

Thanks. I know it's probably not the best for a tow point and it should only be temporary and I'm wiiiiide open to critiquing at a M&G. Here is where it mounts up. Hope y'all can make it out this is looking at it from the front, looking up. It has the one bolt at the top of the pic front of the rail, then looks like 3 more further back. I'd kinda like to keep something like this on there in case I ever want to haul it somewhere, I don't have a trailer for it. I have the rest of the tow bar set up.
4706100_2452-med.JPG

Back