• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DANNO!!! (or someone else to pass along to him)

Mike in NJ

NAXJA Life Member
NAXJA Member
After my commute to Ohio, and an 600 mile oil trail back to NJ, you probably know I cannot make it to Moab this year :evil:

Trouble is, I notice that the rest of the Safety Posse is DOA also. :shock: Already knew that Joe was stuck with Jury Duty, and just read about the problems that Casper is having! :( If I was a conspiracy theorist, I be starting to think that someone (or something) is setting us up for a serious security breach in Utah.

You'll have to draft volunteers on the spot to be the inspection crew this year, sorry. Since most candidates are lining up to be weapons inspectors in Iraq, I'd recommend the Chicago contingent. Beezil only has to cook one night and, as an ND graduate, I can vouch for his security clearance (Chewy and XJeff would make appropriate Windy City associates).

I will Priority Mail the Inspection forms and the lame stickers I was able to find to SlickRock Campground today - to your attention. Look for them on Monday.

Tell Milt I'm very sorry that I'm not able to lead my two runs - but, they were the easy ones, so hopefully somelse could step up to give any folks interested in a scenic break from carnage-fest an opportunity.

Donate my raffle tickets to the cause, and if you run out of T-shirts to sell on the spot, make mine available to late comers as well.

Have a great time, as usual, I can't begin to tell you how pissed off I am!

AND - anybody who could give Hagen a ride from Denver to Moab (anytime from Friday morning on) E-mail me ([email protected]) and I will give you some numbers to call. Not to worry, Hagen is one of those "good" Germans!

Mike in NJ (should be in Nebraska right about now!)

Mike and Danno,

No worries guys, Hagen is taken care of. He and I got together this afternoon and visited for a while then did some 'wrenching on the "Heep". Shari and I will be picking him up Monday morning then meeting Crunch and Dave Peters to caravan out together. Hagen may be riding with us but Dave will be driving out solo and will have plenty of room -- so our 6'3" German friend may opt to shotgun with Dave rather than cram himself in the truck with us :) . Either way, Hagen will get to Moab just fine.

We'll miss you Mike -- guess you'll have time to get RED in prime shape for next year!

Mike, I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune and wish you were able to make it out. I'll try and bring your cheer level up by sending you an early "Christmas present" for your XJ, @#!&%# piece of crap anyway!
So what was the cause of leakage? Rear main seal? You can change one of those out in a day, so get after it and get yourself to Moab!
Do what you've got to do, we understand and wish you were coming.
Jeff

Back